top 10 albums of 2010
another year gone, another top 10 list. i feel like my honorable mentions list has a bit more diversity than the past couple years, but the top 10 has some of the usual suspects on it.
i think 2010 was a great year for music. lots of great releases, and i finally gave massive attack a chance and ended up loving their newest one. there were also quite a few releases from bands i used to love that more or less sucked (korn and sevendust come to mind right away).
as always, previous years’ top 10 lists can be found here
1. menomena – mines
2. torche – songs for singles
3. deftones – diamond eyes
4. the dillinger escape plan – option paralysis
5. far – at night we live
6. the roots – how i got over
7. massive attack – heligoland
8. east of the wall – ressentiment
9. knut – wonder
10. wovenhand – the threshingfloor
honorable mentions (in alphabetical order)